Sunday, February 25, 2007

oscar day

We watched Babel last night. I'm sure it was great. It was certainly truthful and disturbing. The story of one gun. But I don't think I will ever like the post-modern chop of moving making. I don't like having to start and finish a minimum of three different story lines in one movie. I just love a good story. I loved Little Miss Sunshine. One story, well told.

I love the Oscars. Love the dresses and the hair. Love to see who shows up and hwo doesnt'. We've seen The Departed, but not the Queen or the Last King of Scotland. I'm not a big history fan. Just entertain me. I'm superficial. I haven't seen Blood Diamond or Dream Girls, but not for lack of trying. Just haven't found the time. We did see Pan's Labryinth, which was unexpectedly dark. We thought it was a fairy movie and took the girls. Oops. Glad they weren't five and six.

So, today is Oscar day and I will dedicate my evening to it. Today, I will look for leather furniture. I'm sick of mine. Not really sick of it, but it needs to be re-upholstered, and it would probably be cheaper to buy new. Brown leather. yummmmm.

No comments: