Saturday, January 21, 2012

one handed

What is the sound of one hand typing?

i'll dispense with capitalization. now 20 hours post-op, the fun begins. for the curious, i had my left clavicle resected to reduce impingement of the acromium process. (they shortened my collar bone.) my husband made me comfortable all evening and just now made scrambled eggs for breakfast with blackberry jam on my toast without even asking.

duffy is sitting on my shoulder, pulling on my hair. sid is pacing because, heaven forbid, something has shifted in the zen of our home. he worries. duffy could care less. to him, i just can't get out of the way fast enough in case he notices a squirrel on the wires outside my bay window. i am sitting in his spot. in his way.

owwwwwwwwww. time for medication.


2 comments:

asha said...

Hi Judy, so you finally got it done. I hope all's going well. How long will you be home giving Duffy a run for his window?

Kristiana said...

Get well soon! Can I bring you anything?