Thursday, March 16, 2006

another week nearly gone

I think it is March 16th. The way I know this is the green activity on television. The morning show guy had green hair already and the 17th isn't until tomorrow. My mother and father had their first date on St. Patrick's day. We're Irish and Scot. It has never been a big deal for me, though I do love Celtic music. It gets me in my bones. Green beer always reminded me of Mickey Big Mouth, which I got sick on as a kid, so never a big appeal. None of the major drinking days --New Year's, etc.-- held any great power. Every day was a major drinking day in my world. Tuesday for instance. Tuesday was good.

Anyway, the point is not so much the drinking or the Irish, but the fact that I have finally lost track of time. I have been off work one month today. Hooray for time off. I would rather have had a pain free vacation, but whatever. I love having a job, and seem to need the identity that comes along with it, but I hate working. I hate anything that impinges on my day to day life.

AARRGGHH! My soaps have been cancelled in favor of college basketball!! This is a tragedy!! Dammit. Who gives a shit about college sports? Not me.

So, I'm thinking about writing. I'm writing, also, but thinking about writing on paper again. Back to the Lead Pencil Society. Blogging seems inauthentic sometimes, just the lack of editing alone would make my professors turn in their -- their... .whatevers. I pound on the keys and press "publish." And I am. Published. If I don't actually write something, I may not get published again anywhere but here. And no offense, but this is not my best stuff. I got way more.

So, I'll see if my fingers can still hold a manual instrument. My poor old fingers who never thougt they'd release the pen for the keyboard. It was a brief if emotional battle, easily won, but I always wonder, what if Blogger dies? What happens to all this shit?

I know I'm saying shit alot. That indicates the need for a job, for socialization among the improved. I revert so easily. I am so susceptible.

No comments: