Thursday, April 06, 2006

more

Snowdrops, poppies. More of each. Its like The Wizard of Oz. This year I've decided on poppies. I keep trying different flower combinations to see what I like in front of the house. This weekend, we begin to build the deck in the back yard, then I can decorate that.

I'd decorate Sid if he'd hold still.

I have some job hooks in the proverbial water. Had an interview today and one tomorrow. The nursing home I went to today didn't even use computers. I couldn't work like that. I have to be able to email if not blog on my breaks.

The other job sounds better: managing an Alzheimer's Unit. That sounds like fun. Now that the industry has evolved to the point where they have stopped trying to control the residents. Controlling Alzheimer's patients is like teaching a pig to dance: it doesn't work and it annoys the pig. It's like herding cats. Now, they just build nice soft rooms with low beds you can't fall out of; group closets and big playrooms. I suppose the families would be the most difficult part. The parent/child relationship morphing into something much more fluid than most families are comfortable with... that's hard stuff. As Mother librarian rediscovers her long lost (if ever found) libido and dear old repressed Dad finds new uses for his tools .... acceptance takes on new meaning.

But losing my mind early in life, I have little to look forward to.

No comments: