Thursday, July 08, 2004

This is serious

Oh my.... I had no idea blogging was so serious. The article in the Willamette Week brought to my attention the following: A. My blog is shit; B. I should edit more carefully (read: at all) in the event someone actually reads this shit; and C. In order to compete in blog world, one needs a topic, or at minimum, a thread. I don't have one. I just needed a place to take notes on my pathetic life, and this seemed as good as any. To my extremely limited readership, I offer a half-hearted apology. I'll try to do better. I'll capitalize. I'll let up on the elipses.... honest I will.... I'll consider the possibility that commas are a problem for me. Grammar seems, and has always seemed, so terribly personal. So subjective. I know where I want you to breathe, to pause, to stop, to go. Trust me on this. And, as is so often the case with me, I don't care. I just don't. Not today.

I'm not well. They stitched my face back together. My one and only face. I feel like a terrible cartoon of myself, prednisone conspiring with other agents of change to create a big, blonde chipmunk. Which would be fine, or at least tolerable, if I lived alone. But I don't. I don't suffer well. Not publically. I'm a heroin addict for Chrissake. I am a big fucking baby. I stub my toe, I shoot smack. Are we clear? So... Having a witness to my whining and bitching really puts a crimp in my style. He is so good, my husband, my sweet sweet man.... and I am usually very nice to him. Really. But not these days. I look like shit and that makes me mad. And when I'm mad, I'm evil. Ask anyone.

So, there's my blog for the day. No topic save my all time favorite: me. I welcome suggestions, but only for entertainment value. I don't take direction well at all.

I keep getting these little blurbs in the corner of my screen by way of Qwest: Americans hang Afghan detainees by feet... Ridge says new terror warning will fuck up election.... I suppose I could comment on these topics, and be newsworthy, but shit. What is there to say? Better by the feet than the neck? Stop doing that? Tom Ridge is probably just paving the way for yet another republican coup??? Really, I think I'll leave all of that for the more politically savvy to comment on. Don't get me started. Remember, I'm the one who doesn't care if the world is flat or round.

1 comment:

Kristiana said...

Yeah, blogging is big time. Welcome to Portland! Keep one thing in mind though...the Willamette Week is shit. They should never be relied upon as your cultural vanguard.