Tuesday, April 14, 2009

posies for msb




I'm not much good at placing the photographs yet. I guess you'll have to just enjoy the pictures and try to follow the bouncing ball. Barb, these are for you.







There is nothing like the center of a poppy. When I was growing up, after my father died we lived with my Grandmother and my Uncle Alan. He was off by a few degrees and took great pleasure in his poppies. I was always fascinated by the circus-tent centers, knowing nothing of heroin at the time. Tissue blossoms of deep red, half of our front yard was knee deep in them. He'd stand out in the yard every evening, the hose spraying a fine mist, and he'd rock back and forth, back and forth, for an hour at a time. I admired his ability to be still.
When I found pink poppies, I was instantly charmed. I'm not usually a fan of pink, but this shade is perfect.

2 comments:

msb said...

They are wonderful. thank you soooo much. I remember last year wondering about in blogland and came across your flower pics. commented how happy I was to see something organic and lovely in the sea of downtrodden bloggers. Much to my surprise it was my friend Judy from days of yore. Maybe that was 2 years ago. My time flys....

Anonymous said...

judybluesky.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.