Saturday, April 04, 2009

sunnyday

Like everyone else, I am happy to see the sun --happy to put my sunglasses on to drive, happy to press nasturtium seeds into the soil with my bare hands, happy to barbeque pork chops on the deck. It is Sunday, after all.

Sunday, which by rights, should be a lazy day at home. But I worked today. I was the manager of the day or MOD, a corporate decision that we should take turns hanging around on weekends to make sure everybody is in uniform instead of the weekend comefuckme clothes. So, I earned my keep. And now, my viable public, you have proof that I am capable of taking turns. And they said it couldn't be done.............. I am just happy to have a job. I've done worse things for money, you know.

But I do remember when the only control I had in my small life was not wearing the fucking uniform. It was all I could do about anything.

And my life is still small, but I live comfortably in it. Its all one uniform or another. I told them I'd love to wear a uniform just so I wouldn't have to shop for thousands of dollars worth of shit and still have nothing to wear.

Be careful what you ask for.

I've been connecting with folks on Facebook. I had to, and there are alot of people there, but the threads confuse me. I'm not sure where I am in it, or who can see it. I think I like email better, and blogging the best. There's none of that pesky back and forth. Just me blabbering away. What is the sound of one hand typing? I'm just not clever enough to keep up.

I've decided not to tell anyone I have a cold. I am into visualizing perfect health and may be just the teensiest bit nearsighted. I am dripping on the keyboards, coughing, running a fever of 101 and there it is: the negative. I live in perfect health I live in perfect health I live in perfect health.

3 comments:

msb said...

facebook gets better with time :+)
I love uniforms too. But wearing ratty blue jeans might be good.

Roy said...

I had to give Facebook up. It didn't make any sense to me. It keeps you busy but you never know what you're doing--like Catholicism.

someone said...

msb: jeans are good.

roy: I know what you mean. I'm bored already. I think I don't really want to know what all of these people are doing, and I can't imagine them being all that curious about my day to day. They can read my blog. And what about all of the tests and surveys and what kind of cartoon character would you be? I mean really. Again, ....don't care. And Catholicsim... I like the windows.