Thursday, October 21, 2004

Sid

I've been busy wiping up after my new puppy. Sid. Sid-not-very-Vicious. He's ten weeks old and cute as puppies need to be to prevent you from throwing them off the porch and into traffic. He's smart, so far, and hits the paper most of the time. He follows me around like a newborn duck, eyes glazed over in that depth of admiration I expect from strangers on the street. He looks like the "His Master's Voice" dog --white with brown ears, head cocked to one side like some people do when I say things outloud.

So, that's what I've been up to. And filling out applications. I gotta tell ya.... sometimes I wish (not really) I worked at Wendy's. I wish I was qualified to do something that had a simple application. Can you speak? Do you have eyes? One good arm? You're in. I am so qualified it would make you sick. My excessive experience has netted me exactly nothing in the way of a job, but it sure is impressive to write about. By the time I finish an application, bleary-eyed and carpal-tunneled, I think, shit... I'd hire me.

I have two interviews tomorrow. Hope springs eternal.

Gotta get the puppy inside. He's training me.

1 comment:

Kristiana said...

Wow, got a new puppy! How did that come about? Are you down for coffee this weekend? Saturday morning maybe?