Friday, July 06, 2007

friday before

Leaving on vacation is impossible. There is so much that can't live without me in this heat. I can't imagine leaving this place in the care of my step-daughter, so will beg you all, out in the blogosphere, to come by and water my flowers while I am away. The hose is on the side of the house and don't forget the fuchsia baskets on the front porch. Thanks.

If they all died, what difference would it make, really? We are going to the Rockies. There will be more 50 cent fuchsias next year, with free dirt. This year some joker must have switched out all of the markers in the little two-inch fuchsia pots because none of the flowers are the colors we expected except the marshmallow white ones. Funny.

5 comments:

Kristiana said...

bon voyage! have fun and dont forget the mosquito repellent.

someone said...

good point! will do. I'll bring blogging equipment along for the ride...

asha said...

Notes from the road. Oh goodie!

asha said...

Not to worry. I'm sure the flowers will continue to thrive in your absence.
Woman arrested for not watering lawn

someone said...

now that's really sad.